Sunday, April 02, 2006

Alterskates Are Back!


The original Alterskate is back! This sport is something I am proud to have been a part of. About ten years ago I had an opportunity to ride one of these and worked to get exposure for them for a few years. I was the only one in my town to have one. Eventually they had to shut down. But, because of the loyalty of some of the former riders, and it's creator Jon Feibing, Alterskate is back in business! I can't wait to get my hands on one. More updates will be coming soon about the progression of the sport and the revival of the company! Long live the original streetboard with an actual "deck"!

(I have been told that this is a picture of Josh Mick. If I am mistaken, please let me know. It's a great shot and really shows how hard the sport was being pushed back in the day)!

Comments:
that is Josh Mick at the YMCA in Encinitas Ca. in 1996. I took that picture when he and I were skating for that company. believe it or not, I still have a couple of alterskates that have never been ridden.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?